Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Roaming Around In Bagh and MNB

Well we (Omer/Me) now had 3 hours... enough to roam around the small town... you must be wondering what in the world is "MNB"... relax, I'll unveil the mystery a few lines down... We headead towards the entrance of Bagh city when coming from Rawalpindi... The entrance is through a bridge on a bourn... I don't have a photo of the bridge itself...

The bourn I mentioned above...
There ain't water in this photo, but believe me... there was clean water a few steps away... and it was sooo chilled.. The climate of Bagh is not very much different from Pindi, although Bagh is some 5000 feet above sea level... Weather was warm, if not hot... We were sweating as we walked around... After reaching the cold water and putting our feet inside, a bath was a temptation we couldn't resist so we took off shirts and went straight into it... An awesome chill program began... Water was cold...

Oh yah... that's me... chillin in there...


Look at this guy, trying to resist the temptation... telling himself to behave... :p
Some of you might be thinking about "MNB", well MNB stands for Mountain Next To Bagh... Simple... Its in the direction of my face in above direction... After the chilling dip we spent a few minutes to dry clothes, MNB looked really attractive so we decided to reach its top for an exclusive view...

Mountain Next To Bagh... MNB as mentioned in title of this post... Its nothing more than 300 feet, I guess...
One more thing people, if you ever get a chance to bath in a mountain stream which contains stones. And the water is no 3 to 4 feet deep, never ever jump forward from a stone... I did this out of excitment... I jumped forth from a stone and got myself hurt near left eyebrow... Still I thank God that the stone did not hit inside the eye, otherwise I would have a pirate like profile picture... It didn't hurt much, but I was shocked by the sudden blow...
Well we started seeking paths to go uphill, the mountain is inhibited by people so there were clear tracks which we followed for most of the mini adventure...

Now you an see the bridge of Bagh, and the water in valley as well...
Reason behind all the sweating was an exclusive view... and believe me, we found what we wanted...

Check this out... Kashmir is fabulous... You gotta be there, if you haven't been before...

Up Up and Away...

Here's the captain...
After reaching the peek we came down hill... Because I don't regularly run (something I've promised myself a 100 times) or climb, downhill was a little troublesome... I could feel it in my thighs... Because going uphill I exerted force on thighs to push my weight up and when coming down I made them bear weight... You know when driving downhill, there's this instruction on roadside "Use gears to control vehicle's speed, avoid using breaks"... Human beings don't have a gearbox, only breaks and accelerator are available... so, that's what I had to use...

Enough for today... Will come up with more... take care... have fun... bbye


Pakistan is a beautiful country... Will write about this in next post... till then, try to figure out where did we take this photo... I got a video on same location as well... On our way from Bagh to Sudhan Gali... yaaayyyy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment